Format Used: Netflix DVD
Contains: Graphic Violence
Also Known As:
The Head That Wouldn't Die
Dr. Bill Cortner is a brillant young Doctor who is not afraid to experiment. But when a frantic call from his Kurt his asistant
causes him to drive like a lunatic, the crash causes his bride to be Jan to be decapitated.
Bringing Jan's head back to life using an experimental formula, Bill learns that the patch work monster Murray almost
escaped his confines of the closet. Unhampered by the news Bill sets out on getting Jan a new body, by any means.
Where to begin, there's so much wrong and horrible about this movie I am not sure where to start. Okay, the two stooges who
wrote this crapper. Joseph Green and Rex Carlton, first they couldn't make up their so-called minds for a name. My guess they
split the difference, that's why the main title is BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE, but the end screen says HEAD THAT WOULDN'T DIE.
Neither one knows anything about the Medical profession. After all Doctors take oaths to "do no harm". Killing a
woman for a head transplant would be considered "harm". Plus, a little thing called blood and tissue matching. Rejection
would spell death for Jan in the pan. Plus who keeps a patch work monster. What medical school did Bill graduate from, FRANKENSTIEN
UNIVERSITY? Old FU, or MAD SCIENTIST TECH? The monster had no name, that bugs the hell out of me. Plus, the brilliant surgeon
Doctor Bill Cortner doesn't know how to keep a patient sedated? All and all a disaster of a movie, it's incredibly stupid
and unwatchable, except on MST3K. I give it THE THANKSGIVING TURKEY.
This is going into the list of worst movies of all time. Everything Zedd said about it is one hundred percent correct. I
can't imagine what the hell was going through their heads when they were writing this crap pile. I also give it THE THANKSGIVING
ON THE POSITIVE SIDE (+ HITS):
+ HEAD EFFECTS (The head effects were slightly impressive.)
ON THE NEGATIVE SIDE (- MISSES):
- BLOOD AND TISSUE TYPING (Transplant only work if the types match or can abapt to the new type. You don't go blindly cutting
a person's head off and hope for the best.)
- MEDICAL OATH (What happened to his medical oath to do no harm, when he could have found a body with head trama in the
- MONSTER WITH NO NAME (What's with not naming the monster in these movies.)
- JAN'S ADATITUDE (What's up with JAn being such a bitch?)
- SEDATION (I'm sure Bill heard of keeping the patient under sedation.)
- MORAL (The moral is no medical advances to save lives, if God wants you to die, you die. God, if real Doctors thought that
way then real medical transplant would still be the stuff of science fiction.)